Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ouch

On Saturday Josh and I were planning on finishing up our registries but before we wanted to go out to grab some lunch. We had just sat down and I grabbed the seat of my chair to move it closer to the table. Unfortunately the seat of the chair wasn't connected to the base of the chair so my fingers slipped perfectly in between the two and in that split second and I sat back down crushing my middle and pointer fingers. My first reaction was to pull my fingers out and I was greeted by blood and the majority of my finger nail hanging loosely off my middle finger and luckily my pointer finger looked fine. Right away I think I was just in shock. I showed it to Josh and he of course asked me if I was okay. I then started sobbing, so he gave me the keys and I went to his car. He grabbed the food and came to the car to take me back to his apartment. Just as Josh was shifting the car into drive I realized I didn't have my purse (so thankful I remembered before we left!) so Josh ran in to grab it and then we were off to his apartment. Realizing he only had bandaids, Josh called my sister to see if he could bring me there to bandage it up. Still crying, I got back in the car and Josh drove me to CC and Chris'.  CC was able to put some infection protection on my finger, bandage it up, and give me some medicine for the pain. I'm so thankful to be living near family! I love you Josh, CC, and Chris!!!! Despite the pain and ugly finger that I got out of the situation it was neat to see how Josh and I were able to handle the situation together. I was a little irrational shortly after and told Josh I was going to have an ugly finger for our wedding day,  but he was able to give me the advice that I could always put on a fake nail to which I responded, "not if there isn't a nail there to glue it on!!!" Looking back on that conversation now, it's pretty funny. Josh is such an encouraging person and I am so thankful for him! The past few days have been weird adjusting to not using my middle finger, but it's slowly getting better!

I do have a picture of my finger pre-bandage, but for the sake of those who don't like blood this picture will have to do:


3 comments:

  1. Owie Katie!! Your poor finger makes me so sad - but we were glad we were able to help (and even without fainting :)!
    The good news is that the beauty of your engagement ring makes up for the ugly bandaided wound :) Especially in this picture - BLING!!
    ps
    Addie would like to apologize for climing on the table and eating all of your Qdoba chips while we were distracted with much more important matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I'm glad that Josh and your sister took good care of you! I'm sure that your finger will be in good shape by Aug...but between now nad then..make sure you take good care of yourself :) Thanks for sparing us of the gorey pictures.

    ReplyDelete