Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rustic Reception

Of course as soon as I got a spare minute of time after Josh proposed I was doing wedding 'research' as I like to call it. My sister (who you'll see me refer to as CC) introduced me to Wedding Blogs which I subscribe to from Google Reader (If you follow multiple Blogs, Google Reader makes it SO much easier!). I also am a huge fan of theknot.com and have been secretly getting ideas from there since my freshman year of college! Anyway, one of my first major ideas was to have our wedding reception in a barn. Josh hated the idea at first and asked if, "we'd be shooting our dinner out back?" Once I showed him some of these pictures his eyes were open to my vision:

(source)

But much to my dismay and after hours of online research and phone calls, I cannot find a barn that is big enough for the amount of people we are inviting and close enough to where we plan on having our ceremony. After a few weeks of being discouraged and losing excitement for my vision, I started searching again, and that's kind of where we are now. I have found a few potentional places, and am going to check them out this weekend. I still want to use the elegant rustic theme, but I'm just not sure if it'll fit right in our prospective venues. I'm still a little dissapointed but have come to terms that there are no barns perfect for what we need. My family has even joked about building our own barn.. I know there's somewhere perfect for us, but finding it is the hard part!

~~Katie

4 comments:

  1. Have fun looking at places this weekend...does that mean that I'll get to see you on Sunday? I love the rustic idea. I also looked at a barn or two when I was planning my wedding, but ended up settling for a reception at our church. Can't wait to see it all come together! and..yeah for google reader...I haven't had much time for reading books these days...I spend way too much time reading blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'm leaving Saturday for Holt to go to Stephanie's church on Sunday so I won't be at our church! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Katie - the right place will come! I had my heart set on a vineyard wedding... and after hours of research I realized that we do indeed live in Michigan and not California :). But once you mesh together your dreams and the reality you come up with a recipe for the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CC - good thing I have your bridal expertise to help me!

    ReplyDelete