Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wedding Planning Weekend

This past weekend I was able to head home to nail down some wedding details. Josh works pretty much every day over the weekend, so he had to entrust the wedding reception venue search to me. I'm realizing it's going to be hard to start planning this wedding while living 2 hours away! The trip home was both successful and unsuccessful. It was successful in that I found my dress :) :) :) :) It's a great story that I will post soon. But it was unsuccessful in that we didn't make any final decisions on our reception location. Our first potential location was the Novi Community Center - they have a huge atrium with beautiful wall length windows and really high ceilings. BUT, the man we toured with (who ironically was my sister's basketball coach from middle school) told us that we cannot be guaranteed our date - for instance, last year a bride had her wedding date picked and payment in, but the mayor decided he was going to have a convection that day, so the bride had to change her wedding day, and all her plans without much of a notice. Needless to say, I don't really want to take a chance and Josh agrees. So onto our next option, the Wixom Community Center - it's definitely pretty and could work (not necessarily with my rustic theme idea tho :( ), but.. (of course there is a but..) they are booked on the day Josh and I were thinking would work best for us and our families. So again, the search continues... But for now, Josh and I are enjoying a relaxing Sunday night:


~~Katie

2 comments:

  1. 1. glad you included a picture... all good blog posts include a picture! You're such a good blogger :)
    2. my vote is for rustic... just make it happen ;)
    3. I'm mildly surprised that you didn't make some sarcastic comment about me and the basketball team... since I was a member of the team but not necessarily a basketball "player" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I totally was thinking of a joke to go along w/ the basketball team but I decided just to let everyone think you were a basketball player! ;)

    ReplyDelete