Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our Wedding: The Invitations

I have to admit, invitations weren't my biggest concern. Knowing that people just read it, and eventually end up throwing it away or storing it in a keepsake box reminded me that I didn't want to spend a fortune. This doesn't mean I wasn't going to be sure they were really nice, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time and money on them. I remember reading that the average couple spends about $700 on invitations. Compared to other wedding expenses, that isn't too bad, but I was sure I could still get something that Josh and I loved while spending a lot less. Personally, I would rather have the money we could save for our honeymoon! Anyway, my mom and I were out shopping one day and had no intent of buying invitations. We stumbled upon a great deal on some invitations that I had casually seen before and really liked. So I called Josh made sure he was fine with it, which he was. Needless to say, we bought them! Including printing them on our own, I think the total cost will be around $100! Here's a picture that doesn't tell all:

1 comment: